Thursday, May 24, 2007

PPP Direct

Sponsored:
PayPerPost is at it again. They have been busy lately implementing their new PPP direct program. I'm going to let you know what PPP Direct is, what I like about it, what I think could be improved, and how advertisers benefit from it. In a nutshell, this new service is a form of word of mouth marketing.

What is it?

PPP Direct is a new program from PayPerPost that allows the publishers to market their content directly to the advertisers. Advertisers, reading your blog, can request a review/post specifically from you rather than joining the PPP network and creating an opportunity for any random blogger to take.

What do I like about it?

I like that I can negotiate a price with the advertisers and that negotiations can start at my pre-determined low price. This negotiation feature sets this new offering apart from ReviewMe. I like that PayPerPost is continuing to offer new services to both the bloggers/publishers and the advertisers. These new programs tell me that PayPerPost is listening to its members and making their service better as a result.

What do I think could be improved?

The main thing that I think could be improved with this new service is to have PPP step in and use their network to advertise their experienced bloggers. What are the odds that an advertiser will stumble upon your blog? Not very good. A better solution would be for the advertiser to go to a marketplace similar to what ReviewMe offers to find the blogs that meet their category requirements. From there they could contact the blogger to begin negotiating terms of the post.

How does this benefit the advertisers?

This part is simple, and the same benefits of ReviewMe. The advertisers now have the opportunity to find a blogger that fits their style. With the number of bloggers out there, these advertisers should be able to find a blogger for them.

0 comments: